Desktop application runs stand alone in a desktop or laptop computer. Contrasting with the Web-based application, which requires the Web browser to run.
Desktop Apps are back, thanks to the web.
We maintain the traditions of desktop software development while nurturing experience in the web and mobile application development areas.
We offer platform-specific and cross-platform desktop app development services to help you turn a solid software idea into a market sensation, as well as a couple your manufactured devices and equipment with complementary software to gain customer loyalty and outdo competitors.
Our goal is to create a shell that will provide a desktop-like environment where users can access the remote data and work with it. They should be able to launch the inner apps, organize them on the screen, switch between them, etc.
Full-cycle Desktop Software Development
Whether our cooperation lasts through the entire development cycle or covers only particular stages, we aim at maximum benefits for the Customer at every step of a desktop software development project:
Cooperation starts with our specialists thoroughly analyzing the Customer’s needs and elaborating detailed requirements for the functionality and look-and-feel. By establishing a fruitful communication of these requirements between stakeholders and the development team, as well as by accurately documenting all the processes, our specialists ensure the Customer gets exactly the software they need.
Desktop software architecture
At the pre-development stage, our team emphasizes careful planning and architecture design to advise on better technological options with respect to the Customer’s challenge and industry, as well as to suggest how to reduce development costs and improve the solution’s performance.
Desktop software development
We mainly focuses on delivering turnkey desktop applications ready for shipping to end users. Yet, our development services also include:
- Work on separate parts of the Customer’s project, e.g. testing, delivery of a platform-specific version or application maintenance
- Augmentation of the Customer’s IT team at any project stage to bring in particular competencies or experience
Following the time-tested procedures of architectural sessions, code review, writing self-documenting code, and unit testing, we organize our team’s efforts to deliver maintainable software with a clear and unified code structure. This means no technological lock-in and ability to try another service provider for modification of the solution while being welcome to continue with our maintenance services.While working on desktop projects, our team focuses on:
- High-performance: With desktop apps being on average faster and more powerful than their web counterparts, we make sure our solutions are capable of solving complex tasks quickly.
- User convenience: All our apps undergo scrupulous planning and extensive testing to make sure they are easy-to-use.
- Security: With verified experience in information security, we place a high value on multi-layer protection of delivered offline apps.
- Smooth integration: To ensure that the deliverable conveniently fit user activities, we create desktop applications that can easily integrate with other out-of-the-box or custom enterprise software.
We brings together a well-developed QA process and the capabilities of an in-house testing center to meet the Customer’s quality expectations. To bring out high-quality desktop solutions, we use proven testing methodologies, techniques, and tools to perform different test types, including functional, performance, and localization ones.
Our team offers a full range of maintenance services to let the Customer seamlessly introduce the desktop software and its updates into the work of end users, as well as adjust the application to the emerging business challenges by introducing new features. With 24/7 support, we strive for high-quality resolution of any issue within a reasonable time.
With every desktop application development project, our customer gets a complete set of deliverable, including
- Desktop application tailored to specific business needs
- Well-documented source code
- Full test documentation
- 12-month warranty
- Long-term maintenance
Technologies Required: JAVA and CSS
Web developers rely heavily on browser-based tools to develop the look and feel of an application. Modern web browsers provide integrated tooling that provide a way to introspect and modify CSS and HTML. With a couple of clicks, developers can troubleshoot and try out styles and HTML, live in the application. This ability to change an application as it’s running is one of the cornerstones behind web developer productivity.